The Bridge

Discussion in 'Player Creations' started by Zero, May 17, 2016.

1. Zero

Zero Member

Last night built a bridge across a lake, now take into consideration this isn't Mincecraft building this is diving to the bottom of a murky lake with realistic lighting and visual effects with no light it was spooky regardless. Took about 2 hours to build this bridge with half walls on the side. Now in the effect that the server will eventually not allow water breathing, the fact I could not see(because I was at the bottom of a lake unaware most of the time of the sun cycle way above me.)

2. Zero

Zero Member

And actually the idea of the bridge was less of a scope than I thought... It was absolutely amazing and not once quit because it was too " time consuming" because I knew in-game at Beta or launch it would be a lot harder and MORE of an accomplishment to pull something like this off. And for anyone wondering about having player housing etc littering the landscape, try and remember Star Wars preCU and you'll remember how fun it was finding deals, meeting merchants and actually having them come to your place to buy things in mass..

3. Cyanhide

Cyanhide New Member

Pretty much did the same thing last night lol

4. NoalV

NoalV Member

tell us about it (i dont bother to edit the pic)
    bridge1.jpg
    that was a bridge start couple days ago,about 5 hours in
    we got to 60%,after 11hours, until kyle & bobby checked in,and ensured that the next big update,a remaking of the buildingsystem is,because it lagged like hell, the servercpu was at 100%
    was fun to make,and the wipe cleaned it up,whats good
    we got asked to stop large builds until after the next patch,so we wait.
    but after the patch we have more plans more crazy ideas besides the tower and the bridge
    then we will get yelled and have to wait until another patch ;) (just joking,iam sure kyle's method works out)

Regnans and Preston like this.
  5. Preston

Preston Administrator Staff Member

Gotta love it when creativity breaks a game and forces it to improve upon itself :) I got some big plans as well, but waiting till we get a little more solid system going haha

-Preston

Regnans likes this.
  6. Zero

Zero Member

you guys running regular build or king's? because I never see anyone on king's just other buildings lmao

7. ForsakenLegends

ForsakenLegends Administrator Staff Member

Next week I'm going to set some scheduled test times to hopefully try to get groups of players on at set times, or at least post when I'll be online playing if anyone wants to join on discord!

Regnans likes this.
  8. Zero

Zero Member

I've been hanging back until today's update because I have another day left on the shipping for my new vid card so having to use my average pc

9. NoalV

NoalV Member

we run kings,but we tend to play at a non-us timezone, and we play thru the patchs,report things,and wait until the building patch..then you can expect to find us more(if you meet our timezone frame)

10. inquisitor

inquisitor Member

I really need some map or coordinates system so I can find these structures so I can help build. So far I have built a foundation and one wall, I can't quite get the hang of the posts.

11. Slickassockz

Slickassockz New Member

I think they are gonna add that after the next big patch, you can check what they are working on in the road map in the forums