Progress Update 2/3/2017

Discussion in 'News' started by ForsakenLegends, Feb 3, 2017.

1. ForsakenLegends

ForsakenLegends Administrator Staff Member

Hey there, this thread is going to explain what we've been up to, and where we plan on going in the near future for Forsaken Legends. It's also the first of many progress updates that I'll be doing weekly to keep everyone more informed on what's going on behind the scenes. It's my goal to be more transparent and upfront with what's going on with our game.

Current State Of The Game
    I know it appears like we haven't been very active lately, but our commitment to Forsaken Legends is still strong. Funding has prevented us from working on the game full-time, but hopefully that will change soon. We are still working on the game as much as we can to get through this slow period.

Our Current Build
    In our current build players are limited to running around an arena and fighting a wolf. This shows the basic combat style that we're shooting for, and that's about it.

Our Goals For The Next Major Build
    What we are going to try to do for our next major build is bring the game back to as much of a complete game experience as we can. This will be released in multiple builds as we progress through it, so you can get your hands on new features as quickly as we develop them.

The features we are getting in-game as soon as possible are:

Terrain/World
    We are working with our voxel terrain provider to create an endless world with multiple biomes. Initial biomes will include Forest, Winter/Mountain, Desert, Jungle. Our goal is to also have caves for you to explore. The world will be full of monsters, NPC's, and more. This could be introduced as soon as a few weeks from now if everything goes smooth.

Crafting / Resource Gathering
    We want to get crafting back in the game soon as well for things like potions, gear, food, so on. This will include resource gathering.

NPC's
    Merchants and quest givers will be the first NPC's to find their way into Forsaken Legends. After that you'll find patrols of guards, enemy factions, bustling towns, and more.

Inventory/Gear
    You'll be able to find gear by killing monsters, crafting, or from merchants. We want to get multiple weapons of all types and multiple sets of armor for each combat style.

Exploration / Leveling Up
    You'll be able to explore an endless world which gets more and more difficult the further you travel from your start location. You'll be able to level up as well.

Construction
    Getting construction back into the game is very important to us. We want you all to be able to build to your hearts content, and you'll soon be able to do that again :)

Skill System

We're working on getting all of the previous skills back into the game, to allow you to enjoy the hybrid class system we had in the previous builds.

Combat Styles

Our ranged combat style has been started, but we want to get our magic and melee combat systems in place as soon as possible for you to check out.

Mounts
    We want to introduce the first iteration of mounts into the game. These will include water, ground, and air mounts.

All of these things will be added in as they are being worked on so you'll always have something new to check out on a frequent basis. Once we have completed the above list, we will consider moving back into multiplayer mode as long as we have a working single player game with the mechanics that we want in the final game. From there, we will continue to get your feedback and keep fine tuning everything.

That's our goal for the development of Forsaken Legends. The time line of this happening is a little rough, as we're not full time currently. If the funding changes and we can devote ourselves to this full time it will of course pick up the speed at which we can introduce new things.

Thanks for all of your support!

Zerrubabel, Zalthyr, Craine and 2 others like this.
  2. Homemade Hero

Homemade Hero New Member

Hi there, i really like how you communicate during these states of development, knowing it much worser from other games. I also like this clear roadmaps and how you complete them very well as you "promise" :) So much love from my side and really looking forward to test all the new things in the near future! Keep up the good work and thank you that we all can be a part of this awesome development :) <3

ForsakenLegends likes this.
  3. ForsakenLegends

ForsakenLegends Administrator Staff Member

Thanks! :)

4. Paul M

Paul M Member

This sounds wonderful! I cant wait to get in and start breaking everything! Me and my super computer are ready to do your bidding.

5. Craine

Craine New Member

So excited ! :)

6. Zerrubabel

Zerrubabel Active Member

I'm excited for the releases. I'm thinking of making a preliminary video as soon as next week. Always have my support guys, keep up the good work and never forget to keep us in the loop!

Zalthyr likes this.
  7. Jage

Jage New Member

I am looking forward to getting another open world release candidate so I can start streaming this game.