Interrupts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Laurence, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Laurence

Laurence Member

I love interrupting skills. They're a great way to introduce crowd control in to a game without taking the skill out of combat. Since the interruptee had their head in the clouds, it makes sense that they would be inconvenienced in some way afterwards.

A ranger could use ultra fast shots during a high swing to leave opponents temporarily clutching their gut.

A wizard could make someone look around, mid bow draw, and completely forget what they were doing for 3 seconds.

A hammer wielding warrior would simply smash a mage to the floor mid cast.

It's all about recognising your opponent's cast, even by sound. That's when pros are born.

Do any of you guys know any games that have done this right or do you have any other suggestions along the same lines?

2. Homemade Hero

Homemade Hero New Member

Yeah i think Warhammer Online did that pretty well. Stuns, kicks and taunts interruptet casts and there where a few extra spells just to interrupt casts (with no to little dmg).

joezhudarak likes this.
  3. Preston

Preston Administrator Staff Member

There will definitely be some interrupting spells in the game. Whether it's taunting, stuns, cc or blinds they will make there way in to the game. Each class will offer a little bit different technique but all with the same common goal.

-Preston

4. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

"Do any of you guys know any games that have done this right or do you have any other suggestions along the same lines?"
    @ Laurence I know rogues in RIFT have an interrupt,stun,root and knockback that work pretty well on Global Cool Downs.
    I think interrupts,stuns,roots etc are essential to the CC element of the game but they need to be handled appropriately with Immunity timers especially in PvP to insure that players cannot be chain stunned while they are fighting, as an example.

5. joezhudarak

joezhudarak New Member

My suggestions for CC skills effects:

Blind: reduce the accuracy of a spell or hit;
    Confusion: Your character move in the wrong direction for a short time;
    Paralise: Immobilized and unable to do actions for very short time;
    Rooted: Immobilized but can do actions for a long time;
    Slow: reduce the movement speed for a long time;