hmm, is it alright?

Discussion in 'Player Creations' started by Kazumi, May 28, 2016.

1. Kazumi

Kazumi Member

Well, Hi guys, kazumi here. I am an online writer*, and your game really inspired me. I just wanted to know if it's possible if I could just write some stories here, maybe it would inspires you ;)

*I say online writer, but I still didn't make any bucks from it LOL. Oh well, can't expect money to come in with just 2 years of experience..

Last edited: May 28, 2016
  2. Kazumi

Kazumi Member

hmm, well, what to start with.. Writing a one shot of 10k word would take me some day, so... maybe just a link
    here is a link for a work of a friend of mine http://royalroadl.com/fiction/4031

3. Preston

Preston Administrator Staff Member

Hey Kasumi, you're more than welcome to write some stories here! IT approves.

-Preston

Unkle and Kazumi like this.
  4. Kazumi

Kazumi Member

LOL, you checked it out hahaha! Oh well, that save me the trouble of summarizing what the story is about. Haha

5. Kazumi

Kazumi Member

Sigh, this is taking a lot of time. Let's forget the one-shot idea and make it just a multiple short stories.

This should be the first chapter of the first short story.

Far away!!

“hi, how are you doing?”

“hmm, how much for three daggers?”

“Come here! Come here! You won’t find cheaper alcohol in the whole town!”

As the voices overlapped each others in the market of the starting city, an eagle flew unconcerned of the raging hype of players beneath him. Straight like an arrow, he dashed forward toward the horizons.

Dawns and sets the bird had seen as he flew forward with no stop. His draconic endurance added more flavor to his mystery; all the more did the changes of weather as the scenery around him changed every so often. From the urbanized, populated cities and villages, to the wild, inhabited forests, the density of humans diminished as the eagle flew farther.

Abyssal blizzards, freezing the tips of air’s king’s feathers, made flying a wrenching chore. However, the eagle, proud of nature, didn’t diminish his speed as he flew through the barren lands and uncovered trees.

Continuing his journey, the eagle, against all expectations finally stopped. If anyone was watching the aloof creature in its journey, they might have thought that he would never stop. Fortunately, no one was here to do so, saves for an extra pump in the eagle’s ego.

On the prairie the eagle landed, a human settlement was close. Red tents covering the space, little kids running around with their tribal outfits. Old people organizing the ritual, burning plants and controlling smoke, strong men coming back to the village with overgrown deer on their shoulders.

All was in an harmony reminiscent of pure American Indians, treating with respect mother nature and no sign of greed and tyranny was to be seen. However, in a place only the eagle could see for how far it was, a dark figure was struggling freeing itself from thorny vines.

“Ouch!! That hurts. Aie aie..”

The human was male. A red-handled sword sheathed in his back, two gourds of water on his side and a hat up his head. He looked to be 21, young and full of vigor.

Sigh, I’m missing humans so much.. When was the last time I contacted one in this game again?

Stepping on the brambles underneath his feet, the exhausted young adult continued his lamentations. Seriously, why the absolute heck did I even think going on a 10k mile journey in an infinite game would ever be a good idea. I have been in the wildness for weeks now, and I didn’t log out for more than the 8 hours I needed to sleep in. And, even with that, I still didn’t find any human sign..

Lost on the train of his thoughts, his feet dragged him toward the settlement. Closing, the density of trees around him was diminishing, leaving place to a more organized structure. That, and the biggest hint which made the adventurer finally snap back.

Is that…smoke?

“Humans!!” He rejoiced. Finally, there was some signs of human habitations.

He dashed forward, jumping above the multiple vines blocking his path. The humidity of the atmosphere and the scorching hot winds made him sweat, and his skin dehydrate. But, he didn’t care. His being screamed for human company for so long, how could he control his self?

Running for what seemed to be 15 minutes, the dense forestry opened to a prairie. He slowed down a notch as to take on the different view, and as he expected, it was breathe-taking. No, not because of its beautifulness or anything. It’s just that after missing human company for so long, seeing it once again came as a surprise.

He closed in to what he deemed to be the entry of a village; an opener between two 1 meter high walls, with no door. In front of it, a muscular tribal man stood.

“Hi there, does this village welcome travelers?” He politely asked as to avoid conflict.

The guard gave me a confused gaze as he noticed his presence. An awkward silence came right after. He made a welcoming gesture and said.

“Sorry for the weird welcoming. It’s rare for us to get visitors. In fact, you may be the first guest that we host.”

Yes, no language barrier involved!

“It’s no problem, I understand” He reassured the tribal guard as he guided me through the primordial settlement. “You are the first humans he see after walking for several thousands of miles. It’s more of a wonder that you took my visit so naturally, he thought that you believed you were the only humans in the world.” He continued.

“Haha..” he awkwardly laughed. “You’re right on so many points” he continued while we went past some women with only hides eclipsing their secret places. Damn, that’s dangerous..

“So, where are you taking me?” He asked. It had already been a while that we set off and we still didn’t reach their destination.

“To the chief. We’re close.” The tribal man reassured me. “Ah, here we are.” He declared as he stopped before a larger tent.

“Chief, we have a visitor!” He said in a loud voice, alerting whoever was inside.

Sounds of steps on hard floor resounded before a tall frame revealed itself.

“Who is it?” asked the muscular mid-aged man in a rough voice.

“Alan, my sir. A traveler.” He replied. His eyes drifted to the scars covering the integrity of his body. Wow, that’s what I call badass!

“And, what are you in need for?” He asked.

“Well, I have been traveling for quite a long time.” He said as to set the tone. “So, if you could have it in your heart the kindness to let me stay for a few days, he would be immensely grateful.”

“Sure, but you need to work like everyone else.” He declared. “I see that you’re wielding a sword. I guess that you would make a perfect hunter.”

Sigh, and here I thought I smooth-talked my way. Guess that all leaders are the same, no matter the place and era.

“Sure, I have no problem. When should I start?” He replied dishearten.

“Now.”

Last edited: May 30, 2016
    Preston likes this.
  6. Tomorrow

Tomorrow New Member

Hi, lazy person here. Requesting a TL;DR for all stories. Feel free to say no.

7. Kazumi

Kazumi Member

Hmm, Sorry if I'm so stupid but what is a TL;DR. I never got around to know what it is

8. Tomorrow

Tomorrow New Member

TL;DR stands for "Too long didnt read"

Dexy likes this.
  9. Kazumi

Kazumi Member

hmm, so you want me to do some kind of blurb to help you understand what's going on. OK, sure

10. Kazumi

Kazumi Member

*sigh*, this is funny. Oh well, this should have been already obvious as of now, but Im putting this on hiatus. I will get back to it once real life start easing up.

11. Laurence

Laurence Member

Look forward to it mate